Privacy and Security Policy
Privacy Act Statement
- AUTHORITY: 10 U.S.C. 5013, Secretary of the Navy; 10 U.S.C. 5041, Headquarters, Marine Corps; DoD Instruction 6060.2, Child Development Programs; DoD Instruction 6060.4, Youth Programs; OPNAV Instruction 1700.9 series, Child and Youth Programs; Marine Corps Order 1710.30, Child and Youth Programs (CYP); and E.O. 9397 (SSN) as amended.
- PRINCIPLE PURPOSES(S): To develop child care programs that meet the needs of children and families; a process for families to apply for military child care programs, including administering child and family program eligibility and priority for placement.
- ROUTINE USES: In addition to those disclosures generally permitted under 5 U.S.C. 552a(b) of the Privacy Act of 1974, these records contained therein may specifically be disclosed outside the DoD as a routine use pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 552a(b)(3) as follows: To local, State and Federal officials involved in Child Care Services, if required, in the performance of their official duties relating to child abuse reporting and investigations. The DoD Blanket Routine Uses that appear at the beginning of the Navy’s compilation of systems of records notices apply to this system.
- DISCLOSURE: Voluntary. However, failure to provide requested information may impact eligibility for military child care facilities.
An eligible Sponsor is a person with a specific Department of Defense (DoD) affiliation (e.g., Active Duty Military, DoD Civilian, etc.) that makes his/her dependent children eligible for military child care services.
Eligible Sponsors include:
- Active Duty Combat-related Wounded Warrior
- Child & Youth Direct Care Employee
- Active Duty Military
- Coast Guard Personnel
- Guard/Reserve on Orders
- DoD Civilian
- Gold Star Spouse (Combat-related)
- DoD Contractor
Privacy & Security Policy:
This is a Department of Defense (DoD) interest computer system sponsored by the Under Secretary of Defense (Personnel & Readiness) as a public service. This statement details the steps we take to protect your personal information when you visit our website. It describes the personal information we collect, the purposes for which we use such information, and your choices regarding our use of it. By accessing our website, you are consenting to the information collection and use practices described in this privacy statement.
Our collection of information
Information collected directly from you. The personal information we collect may include the following. You are not required to provide any of this information, but if you do not, we may not be able to provide you the requested service.
- contact details, such as your name, company/organization name, e-mail address, telephone, and physical address;
- child care request information such as child name, date of birth, and date care is needed;
- your e-mail communication preferences; and
- information used to customize and facilitate your use of our websites, including login information.
Information collected automatically. We collect information about your visit to our sites, including what pages you view, the number of bytes transferred, the links you click, the materials you access, and other actions taken within the site. We also collect certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and capabilities and language, your operating system, the date and time you access the site, and the website from which you linked to our site.
Our use of information
We use your personal information to (1) manage the request for care process (e.g., waitlist) and (2) to inform you about the status of your child care request(s). Program staff may contact you directly or you may receive system-generated email notifications. You are able to opt-out of receiving many system generated emails.
Cookies are small files that websites save to your hard disk or to your browser's memory. We may use them to track the number of times you have visited the site, to track the number of visitors to the site, to determine and analyze visitors' use of our site, to store information that you provide such as your preferences, and to store technical information useful for your interactions with our website. We may use session cookies (cookies that are deleted when your browser session ends) to store your user ID, elements of your user profile, to facilitate your movement around our website and other information useful in administering the session. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your computer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the features of our website or other websites that you visit.
MilitaryChildCare.com does not use the information associated with cookies to track individual user activity on the Internet outside Defense Department websites, nor does it share the data obtained through such technologies, without the user's explicit consent, with other departments or agencies.
Use of web analytics
Disclosure of your personal information
Except as described below, personal information you provide to MilitaryChildCare.com through our website will not be shared outside of MilitaryChildCare.com programs without your permission.
Disclosure in connection with child care requests
In connection with certain requests, we may disclose some or all of your personal information to promote effective communication and planning (e.g., Inclusion Action Team) and respond to your child’s individual needs.
MilitaryChildCare.com is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer systems with limited access that are located in facilities to which access is limited. For sites to which you login, it is your responsibility to ensure the security of your password and not to reveal this information to others.
Links to other sites
Our website may contain links to other sites such as school districts associated with your child care request. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other sites.
Changes to this privacy statement
MilitaryChildCare.com may occasionally update this privacy statement. When we do, we will revise the "last updated" date at the top and bottom of the privacy statement.