MCCYN is a fee assistance program that keeps affordable child care in reach for eligible families. It’s intended for families who cannot access military-operated care due to distance or waitlists. With fee assistance, a portion of your child care cost is paid to reduce the cost of using community-based care. The goal is to make it easier for you to afford quality child care from local community providers when you cannot access military care.
MCCYN is available to Marine Corps active duty members, Marine Corps Reservists on active duty, and Marine Corps civilians who:
- Are stationed at an installation that has been pre-identified as fee assistance eligible, or
- Do not live near a DoD installation with a Child and Youth program.
If married, your spouse must be employed, actively seeking employment, or a full-time student.
Fee assistance is available to:
- Families stationed within the continental United States, Hawaii, and Alaska.
- Children from birth through age 12.
When fee assistance becomes available for your child(ren), you will receive an offer from MilitaryChildCare.com with the next steps to complete your application. The Marine Corps MCCYN has authorized Child Care Aware of America (CCAoA) to administer the program. You will submit your required documents through the CCAoA fee assistance portal.
All sponsors must provide a Self-Certification Form that includes all your dependent children who will receive fee assistance.
You must provide additional documentation based on your sponsor type.
Marine Corps active duty and Reservist on active duty must provide
- Most recent Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) and
- Active Duty Orders
Marine Corps civilians must provide either
- Personnel Action Request Form (SF-50) or
- Most Recent Civilian Leave and Earnings Statement (CLES)
Working Spouse must provide one of the following
- One month or 4 weeks of pay stubs showing you work at least 16 hours per week, or
- If newly employed, a completed Employment Verification Form for a 60-day approval, or
- If self-employed, a copy of the most recent Schedule C Income Tax Return, a copy of the business license, and a self-employment statement signed by the sponsor and spouse that includes a description of the business, start date, estimated monthly income, and work hours per week. If a Schedule C has not been filed yet, you must submit the business license and statement.
Student Spouse must provide
- School schedule that shows you are enrolled at least 12 credit hours in an undergraduate program or 9 credit hours in a graduate program.
- School schedule must include the student’s name, the school’s name, the number of enrolled credits, and the period of the current semester.
Spouse Seeking Employment must provide a Looking for Work Form to receive fee assistance for a one-time 90-day period while you look for work. You must then provide proof of employment to continue to receive benefits.
Before benefit payments can be issued to your provider:
- They must be approved to participate in MCCYN.
- You must submit a Provider Cost Verification Form for each provider that will care for your child(ren). The Provider Cost Verification Form collects all required information about the child care rates your family will be charged, including discounts, effective dates, rate changes, rate frequency, and the schedule of care.