MCCYN is a fee assistance program that keeps affordable child care in reach for eligible families. It’s intended for families who cannot access military-operated care due to distance or waitlists. With fee assistance, a portion of your child care cost is paid to reduce the cost of using community-based care. The goal is to make it easier for you to afford quality child care from local community providers when you cannot access military care.
USCG MCCYN is available to Coast Guard active duty members and Coast Guard Reservists on active duty orders for at least 180 days.
If married, your spouse must be employed, actively seeking employment, or a student.
Fee assistance is available to:
- Families stationed within the continental United States, Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico*.
- Children from birth through age 12.
* To receive fee assistance in Puerto Rico, your child must be enrolled in a Coast Guard Child Development Center.
When you complete your MCCYN registration, you must submit documentation to verify your eligibility. What’s required is based on your sponsor type and spouse’s status if you are married.
You must provide the following documents to verify your eligibility:
- BAH/Dependency Data Sheet available in the USCG Pay Portal
- Most recent Leave and Earnings Statement (LES)
- Active Duty Orders
You must also provide documents based on spouse status.
Working Spouse must provide one of the following that shows you work at least 20 hours per week:
- One month or 4 weeks of pay stubs, or
- If newly employed, a letter from your employer with your date of hire, hours worked per week, and estimated weekly or monthly salary, or
- If self-employed, a Certification of Self-Employment Form.
Student Spouse must provide
- School schedule that shows you are enrolled in at least 6 credit hours.
- School schedule must include the student’s name, the school’s name, the number of enrolled credits, and the period of the current semester.
Spouse Seeking Employment do not provide documentation. You may receive fee assistance for a one-time 90-day period while you look for work. You must then provide proof of employment to continue to receive benefits.
In addition to eligibility-related documents, you must submit a completed and signed MCCYN Cost Worksheet for each provider who will care for your children. The MCCYN Cost Worksheet collects all required information about the child care rates your family will be charged, including discounts, effective dates, rate changes, rate frequency, and the schedule of care.
The DoD is committed to making a variety of child care options available – both on and off base – to ensure families have access to the care they need. On our website, you may search for community child care providers who meet the requirements to participate in MCCYN or may already be serving families receiving fee assistance.
To see if the MCCYN program is available to you, log in to your MCC household or create an MCC account. You can then access the community provider resource list when searching for care by selecting the View MCCYN Providers link under the MCCYN program profile, or, if you've requested fee assistance, from your "My Child Care" page.
If there are no providers listed in your area, or your provider is not listed, you may choose your own provider. All providers must meet the eligibility requirements, apply, and be approved to participate in the USCG MCCYN Fee Assistance Program. Provider requirements are detailed in the USCG MCCYN Fee Assistance Provider Application.
In order to process your fee assistance benefit, you or your provider must complete and submit monthly a Fee Assistance Benefit Form. Review the MCCYN Benefit Form Tip Sheet to learn how to complete and submit the form.
Fee Assistance Calculator
The USCG MCCYN Fee Assistance Calculator may be used to estimate the amount of fee assistance benefits you may receive.
From here, download the commonly requested forms and resources referenced on this page.