Come Grow With Us
JOIN OUR DYNAMIC WORKFORCE AND WORK WITH MILITARY CHILDREN
Join Our Dynamic Workforce and Work with Military Children
Are you looking for a portable career working with children and youth and supporting the military mission? Consider working for a Department of Defense child and youth program.
Find positions at or near installations worldwide, ranging from entry to management level, including:
- Child development directors and assistant directors
- Training and curriculum specialists
- Before and after school directors
- Youth program directors
- Direct care staff
Join the nation's largest employer-sponsored child care system, with benefits including:
- Health and life insurance
- Paid leave
- Retirement and 401K benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Training, mentoring, and professional development
- Career advancement opportunities
Watch this video to learn more about the career opportunities available with military child and youth programs.
Positions with Department of Defense programs can be found at:
- The Air Force Child and Youth Programs via USAJOBS
- The Army Child & Youth Services Careers
- The Marine Corps Community Services
- The Navy Child & Youth Programs
- USAJOBS by searching for "Department of Defense Child and Youth" jobs in your area. You can also search by entering the name of your service branch and "Child and Youth," for example "Air Force Child and Youth". Review the USAJOBS How-to Guide for more information.
View this step-by-step video to learn how to search USAJOBS for child and youth opportunities.
For additional guidance, visit Military OneSource's page on Child and Youth Development Careers or contact your Installation Employment Readiness Specialist.